CLICK ‘ENTER TOURNAMENT’ TO SUBIT YOUR STORY
By entering you agree to having read and understood the guidelines and terms & conditions on this page.
Two age categories: 8-12 & 13-16
Launches: 27th March 2021 (see dates for rounds and winner announcements below)
Max word count: 500 words
Theme: Border Reivers. Be creative. Write in any genre or style.
ROUNDS & DATES (Judging panel reserve the right to tweak these if required)
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 28TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Round One — Ends 28th September 2021 (Longlist of 30 stories selected by individual judges)
Round Two — Ends 14th October 2021 (Shortlist of 10 stories selected by judging panel)
Editor receives top 10 — 28th October 2021
Re-write — 28th November 2021, stories with editorial notes sent back out to top ten for re-write.
Re-submit — 3rd January 2022, young authors re-submit with improvements . These are sent to finalist judges.
Finalist judges — 21st January 2022, finalist Judges receive top ten.
Winners announced — 27th March 2022, top ten and winners and all prizes released.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting using the Writing Tournament form you agree to the following:
- A maximum one entry per month, per person, is allowed.
- Full names of entrants will not be used for promotional material without prior consent of parent/guardian.
- Stories must be in English.
- Entries without a completed entry form will not be deemed eligible.
- Age of entrants are 8-16.
- Entries must be submitted by a parent/guardian.
- Mentorship must be provided only in terms of assistance with seeding of ideas, story structure and final proofing.
- Receipt of entry will be acknowledged via email.
- By entering the tournament you agree to the stories being used as per the prize structure outlined on website.
- Entrants will join the newsletter mailing list for tournament updates and updates on judges, the editor and W.J. Kite
The winning and shortlisted entrant’s work will be published in the Writing Tournament anthology and any entry may be read out on the Youtube channel. Parents/guardians will be notified regarding a Youtube reading.
PUBLIC USE OF ENTRIES
By entering this competition you acknowledge that your name, entry and submitted information, in relation to the award, may be used in “Writing Tournament by W.J. Kite” publications, and for future promotion of the competition.